Student Athlete Eligibilty Guidelines
VHSL INDIVIDUAL ELIGIBILITY RULES
To be eligible to represent Eastern View High School in any VHSL interscholastic athletic contest, you--
• must be a regular bona fide student in good standing of the school you represent.
• must be enrolled in the last four years of high school. (Eighth-grade students may be eligible for junior varsity.)
• must have enrolled not later than the fifteenth day of the current semester.
• for the first semester must be currently enrolled in not fewer than five subjects, or their equivalent, offered for credit and which may be used for graduation and have passed five subjects, or their equivalent, offered for credit and which may be used for graduation the immediately preceding year or the immediately preceding semester for schools that certify credits on a semester basis. (Check with Guidance Counselor for equivalent requirements). May not repeat courses for eligibility purposes for which credit has been
• for the second semester must be currently enrolled in not fewer than five subjects, or their equivalent, offered for credit and which may be used for graduation and have passed five subjects, or their equivalent, offered for credit and which may be used for graduation the immediately preceding semester. (Check with your guidance counselor for equivalent requirements.)
• must sit out all VHSL competition for 365 consecutive calendar days following a school transfer unless the transfer corresponded with a family move. (Check with Athletic Director Mark Settle for exceptions.)
• must not have reached your nineteenth birthday on or before the first day of August of the current school year.
-must not, after entering the ninth grade for the first time, have been enrolled in or been eligible for enrollment in high school more than eight consecutive semesters.
• must have submitted to your principal before any kind of participation, including tryouts or practice as a member of any school
athletic or cheerleading team, an Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form, completely filled in and properly signed attesting that you have been examined during this school year and found to be physically fit for athletic competition and that your parents consent to your participation.
• must not be in violation of VHSL Amateur, Awards, All Star or College Team Rules. (Check with your principal for clarification inregard to cheerleading.)